Friday, February 20, 2009

Box of Chocolates



Forrest Gump said... "Life is like a box of chocolates...you never know what you're gonna get." I say... "Life is like a box of chocolates...it's so damn enticing!"

Yes it is! Life is so tempting indeed, especially in the eyes of children. Remember when we were kids? We can hardly wait to grow up and explore the world. Life seems to be so easy back then. All we think about were tiring school works, playtime schedules, petty quarrels with friends, favorite pets, delicious (and unhealthy) food we want to eat, cartoon characters we love to imitate, and the list goes on... I went through this stage, just like everybody else, unaware of the real reason why I wanted to exit childhood fast.

Now that I'm here, I sometimes wish I could go back to the times when life seem to be less complicated. It's not that I regret this life I am living now, it's just the need to feel relaxed sometimes and not having to stress myself of this life's uncertainty. Let's face it, this is reality. Nobody gets through life without facing it's intricacy, because if somebody does, he'll realize in the end that he never lived---he just existed.

At this point, I'm looking closely at the chocolates in the box. There's so much to discover and experience. Just when I thought I've had my share of this world, a whole new horizon starts to open and reveal a bigger world. At times it scares me not knowing what lies ahead but the chocolates look so tempting and I can't help but grab and have a taste of it. I admit I'm such a scaredy-cat but not reason enough for me to fear life. Well, okey... sometimes I'm afraid to try things because I don't want to fail. Then I came to realize that if I don't try, I won't fail---if I don't fail, I won't learn---if I don't learn, I won't grow---and if I don't grow then what else am I here for?

Life can't wait (hehehe sounds like a shampoo commercial), so I have to end this blog entry now and pick my next piece of chocolate. Grab yours now...before it runs out! :-)

Fave quote for today:

"When we were kids, we couldn't wait to grow up and fall in love. Now that we're grown-ups, we realize that wounded knees are easier to heal than broken hearts."

No comments:

Post a Comment