Friday, February 20, 2009

The Thing About Warts

According to Wikipedia:

" A wart is generally a small, rough tumor, typically on hands and feet, that can resemble a cauliflower or a solid blister. Warts are common, and are caused by a viral infection, specifically by the human papillomavirus (HPV) and are contagious when in contact with the skin of another. It is also possible to get warts from using towels or other objects. They typically disappear after a few months but can last for years and can recur."

I hate to admit I have one of those annoying warts on my left ring finger. I cant remember exactly when I noticed it, maybe that was around 2nd quarter of last year. It's not as bad as those warts I've seen during my research on the web, but it still bothers me because they say its contagious.

For a while I just ignored it thinking it would just disappear. Months passed and I noticed it growing and sometimes gets hurt when touched. I started to worry when it came to a point that holding hands with my boyfriend meant him, touching it everytime. He kept telling me to treat my wart with OTC treatment called Aldara. He used to have those warts on his feet and got rid of them by cutting off the dead skin and applying the cream. I just kept on telling him I will but never did until he bought one for me.

I tried to do what he did to his warts but to no avail, didn't work for me. Or maybe I did it the wrong way, because I hate to see those blood flowing out of my finger. I promised I'll continue to treat it with the cream but I stopped without him knowing.(now he knows if he's reading this)

I started to make a research on the web about wart treatments. I found a bunch of home remedies and professional treatments from derm clinics. Yesterday, I was supposed to have my wart cauterized at a local derm clinic but changed my mind because I realized I might need my normal fingers for the whole week. Now I'm trying on apple cider vinegar treatment I found on one of the blogs I visited.

Here's how my wart looks like:





Now I'm on my second day of apple cider treatment, hoping to get good results soon and finally get rid of this annoying little thing on my finger before it spreads out. I hope after a few weeks I can post another entry here showing my clean fingers already free from embarrassing warts.

No comments:

Post a Comment