Friday, February 20, 2009

I hate being skinny!!!



I hate being skinny! Yes, you read that right. It may sound a little absurd because I know for a fact a lot of ladies would do anything just to achieve this figure. Hey, don’t get me wrong here, I hate to sound conceited that’s why I’m trying to really write my phrases carefully on this issue.

I’ve been striving very hard to gain weight for like, 4 years already. A lot of tactics have been tried, from what they call “reverse diet”, to gym workouts, to all sorts of vitamin supplements. But still, I think they never worked on me. I am still underweight. What I hate the most is hearing comments like --- “What happened to you? You’re so skinny.” Or maybe ---“Are you sure you can do that? You’re so thin.” Then there’s --- “You look like a skeletal system model.” Or worst ---”Are you sick?” Duh! Don’t you guys have better things to ask?

Some would say maybe I need to increase my calorie intake so I started to follow suggestions from those “How to gain weight.” materials I found on my web research. I added some fresh milk and all those lean meat, pasta, fruits, even cookies, chocolates & doughnuts in my diet. Then switched to Propan & Appebon vitamin supplements for better appetite and gave gym workout and jogging a try. Well, I did not really notice a difference in my figure but I felt more in shape. I’m not sure if it’s just a psychological effect but I know for sure I felt better.

I know a lot of people who wish to lose weight. Some friends would tell me they’d want to have my figure and they sometimes laugh at me when I say I hate being skinny. They just don’t realize that gaining weight is just as difficult as losing it. They envy me because I can feast on those delectable foods and smoothies & lattes without worrying about the calories, but they can’t see how much I am spending on those stuff just to get the calories I need. Well, I don’t really mind spending on food. I can actually trade a branded pair of jeans with an 18-inch pizza and chocolate milk shake, or maybe a whole chocolate moist cake or a 1 liter tub of double dutch ice cream I can consume for the whole week.

Sometimes I tell myself I should not worry too much about this so long as I don’t feel unwell. As long as I can manage myself and be able to do all the things I want (and need) to do, there’s no need to be troubled. Some would say blame it on the genes while others blame it on stress. Oh maybe I should not take my work too seriously anymore.

Hmmm…I’ve come to realize it’s not that bad being skinny after all. I should be thankful that despite my, I should say “imperfection”, I can still manage to at least look presentable and most of all feel good about ME.

But I’m still trying to improve myself at this point. I hope I can at least reach the ideal weight for my age and height. Good luck to me…and to those who have the same dilemma.

No comments:

Post a Comment