Friday, February 20, 2009

Sun Dance Fever


I finally got the chance to watch the movie of John Lloyd & Sarah entitled " A Very Special Love" on its second week. I admit I really waited for that movie because of its interesting trailer which kept me fascinated by their tandem.

I'm a self-confessed hopeless romantic so it's not very surprising that I easily get captivated by these Pinoy romantic movies. I can't help but feel enchanted and sometimes imagine myself being in the same situations I see on those kilig moment scenes.

I must say that I got my money's worth after I watched the movie since it really gave me and my buddy Anna a very good (and loud) laugh inside the movie house. It's almost like the usual ordinary girl meets rich guy of her dreams movie but with a slightly different charm. It was great clever story with a lot of wit and humor. What makes it more praiseworthy is the fact that although it was a romantic-comedy film, family and professional values were also incorporated in the story which made it more appealing to me.

Perhaps Cathy Garcia-Molina works well with John Lloyd since she also got good reviews from the last JL-Bea movie "One More Chance"also from Star Cinema. Well, not surprising though. I personally think John Lloyd has this magic charm that makes him stand out regardless of who the leading lady is. Sarah, on the other hand, is naturally amusing with her seemingly innocent allure.

To top it all, it was a hilariously cute film worth watching not only because it gives us a hearty laugh but also because it shows us the importance of having a HEART for our family and colleagues as well.

Cheers to Miggy and Laida! Happy sun dancing everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment