Wednesday, February 18, 2009

A personal piece written October 2004

Warning: This piece may appear weird & pathetic


MESSAGE TO AN UNKNOWN RECIPIENT

I’m about to tell you something I haven’t told anyone else before. You may think I’m stupid because of this and yet I still hope you would take time to read on and find out what I have to say. You see, I’ve always believed that somewhere there’s someone waiting for the right time to meet me. When, where, and how? I really do not know, I just have to wait. I don’t have any idea who that person would be, but I do hope he will be patient enough to understand and bear with my mood swings. I need someone who will take me for the person that I am. I don’t want to pretend to be someone else just to please him, though I’m willing to adjust and change for the better. Acceptance is very important for me, and I want him to know that. I love my family, they have always been there for me and I can’t dare to set them aside because they are part of my priorities. I hope he would understand that if he accepts me, he would also do the same thing with my family and other priorities. He doesn’t have to worry though; I would make sure that he will not feel rejected.

I know he has his own dreams to pursue, while I have my own too. I want the two of us to be happy so I will let him fulfill his dreams and work for my own goals also. In other words, I will give him the ever popular time & space to let him find himself and reach his goals. Then, if everything will work out well, we can pursue our other dreams…together. I will try my best to understand him. I know he is someone totally different from me, and I have to accept it. I will do my best to make him feel important and to be always there for him. I hope he will always remember that I am a girl, there are things I need to see, hear, and feel. I know women are difficult to understand. Sometimes, we don’t even understand ourselves. I must admit it is not easy to get along with us sometimes. I just hope he can bear with all these complexities. Sometimes I’m strong but vulnerable, persistent and yet feeble. Please be careful with me, you might break me into pieces without knowing. So just try to handle me with gentleness and care. I am not really that strong. Don’t be afraid to get close and be my friend. I know there are people who think I’m a snob but I’m not. I can prove that, if you just let me.

Try to know me better and you will see who I really am. I may not be perfect, but I will sure try to be the best – for YOU. With me, I assure you that there will be trials and petty problems, ups & downs, best & worst moments. But I promise that through all these, I will be here and we will face them all…together.

Now wait…am I making sense here? I just hope so. I don’t want to sound as if I’m pathetically advertising myself, I’m not that frantic and hopeless. I was just trying to express the things I can’t personally say to anybody, hoping that you would understand me the way I hope you would. Please don’t get me wrong, I’m saying this to make you see the deeper part of me. I hope you understand…

"Where I am not understood, it shall be concluded that something very useful and profound is couched underneath." -- Jonathan Swift


No comments:

Post a Comment