Friday, February 20, 2009

My Girls

It's been around four years since I joined the workforce of MCO and this has been my longest employment so far. I should say that I certainly gained a lot from this office(except for weight) which includes the girls who played essential roles in my so called mind-numbing life.I actually have two sets of them since they came at different points in my MCO experience.

The first batch is composed of Adelle, Angel, Billie, and Michelle...plus the big sisters Jusa and Yam.


Being stuck in the office for almost 10 hours per day means a whole bunch of work to do. But having these girls around makes the day seem shorter and more bearable. I miss those lunch break times shared, those little chitchats in between boring working hours, those lunch or heavy snack treats during birthdays (hmmm...the pancit,cake & ice cream), and of course those out of the office activities we had. I just realized there's so much fun we shared although not with all the girls together.





Michelle was the most difficult to invite on outings and other activities outside office, you would actually think she is a "manang". In reality, the main reason there is because she would rather spend time with her husband Cyrus than with us.(peace Chelle!)

The big sisters Jusa & Yam were so in demand in the field so they get to travel very often w/c means less time for gimmiks.

Angel, who's actually the Manila girl, always tried to spare a little of her time for us whenever she gets the chance to be here in Davao. So having Angel here means gimmik, trip, and sleep over anywhere & everywhere.



Adelle and Billie here were the two girls I spent most of those adventures & misadventures with. From Camiguin, to Bukidnon, to Butuan, to GenSan, to Isla Reta, to videoke nights, to MTS gimmiks, and even San Francisco---Agusan del Sur.(that was only for me & Adelle---an act of vengeance to Billie because I was not able to join their Dinagat Island trip) *wink*



Gee! I miss those times, and I miss those girls...
Michelle is now In UAE with husband Cyrus. Jusa & Yam are still here busy with all their field travels as always. Angel is now also with her husband Ed in Singapore. Adelle, now a Makati girl establishing an incredible career as an engineer(char!). While Billie is now here in Davao living happily with husband Mark and adorable little Wil-Al.

"No lapse of time or distance of place can lessen the friendship of those who are truly persuaded of each other's worth."
- Unknown

Wondering where the second batch is? Still coming on my next post...

No comments:

Post a Comment