Friday, February 20, 2009

A year smarter!

I just turned 27 lats Oct. 16. Oh my! This post is kinda late already, maybe I've been too busy (or lazy) to write these past few weeks.

Years seem to pass so rapidly, I'm slowly approaching the late 20's stage now and still experiencing the quarter-life crisis. At this age, I should be confident enough to know what I want and go for it. Well, I'm a self-confessed late bloomer in a lot of aspect but I always try to be mature whenever the situation calls for it.
Maybe it's time to focus on what I want to achieve. Of course I have set certain goals few years back but somewhere along the way things changed. I met different people, became part of their lives, learned things I never knew existed. Incidents and individuals who helped me recognize my capcity to face life. I realized there's still a lot of things to discover and a bigger world to see.

I have always been the cautious type of person. I was afraid to explore not wanting to get out of my comfort zone, I kept myself too protected from the jeopardy of life. I was safe indeed, but I was not that happy because I know I'm missing out a lot. I knew I need to face the world at its best and worst.

Now is the time to grow up and have my share of life in its real sense. I'm letting go of the naive me. I hope I'll be able to embrace life's challenges and stand up for what I deserve. To hell with my pride and apprehensions, I know I'm good enough to face them all.



No comments:

Post a Comment