Friday, February 20, 2009

Dirky boy

My nephew Dirk just turned 4 last Friday (4th of July). He is one of the closest kids to my immediate family since we live in the same compound where he usually do his "house hopping" during good-weather days. Having him at home mostly after dinner or during weekends would mean hearing him open and bang the door while saying out loud "naa mo biswit?" (do you have biscuit?) or "naa mo mani?" (do you have peanuts?). Sometimes he would come inside and greet us with "lido na to" (I've taken a bath) and proudly present himself for you to kiss & smell.


On days when he gets the playful mood he can be found on another house playing with his cousin John2x, together with Dave & Mai2x who are technically his uncle & aunt. Sometimes when the other kids are not around, he stays at home with his ate Toten, ate Baby, and baby sister Isha scattering toys around or watching those animals on DVD.

On the day of his birthday I intended to come home early, although it's a busy Friday in the office, so I can bring home the ice cream his "papa Anin" (my brother) asked me to buy for him and the cake I bought for the little boy. I smiled as he blurted out a big "wow" when he saw what I have on my hands. Although they already finished the ice cream his mother bought for them before I arrived, he still asked for another scoop of the newly opened tub.

























with Dave & Mai2x (John2x is already at the other side of the globe)



Never fear spoiling children by making them too happy. Happiness is the atmosphere in which all good affections grow.
=Thomas Bray=

No comments:

Post a Comment