Friday, February 20, 2009

I did it!

I've been wanting to add another post since last week but unfortunately got so caught up with a bunch of reports to complete so I never had the chance to do so. I was dreadfully thrilled about my recent adventure that I just kept on viewing the photos of our Mt. Hamiguitan exploration.

Never in my 26 years of existence did I ever imagine tormenting myself in any of those mountain trekking/climbing chuvaness some adventurous people are fond of. I used to have this thinking that the mountains belong to the wild creatures and some tribal people so why the heck would I punish myself wasting my time in such a place.

Oh well, maybe I was just "sourgraping" because I felt I'm not hale & hearty enough to endure the challenges of such strenuous activity. A part of me wanted to give it a try just to see how far I can go. I was confident that my troupe will take care of me plus I have my buddy Anna who, I know, is benevolent enough to assist me in our quest. So off we go...I pushed myself to the highest limits and successfully conquered Mt. Hamiguitan.

I'm so proud of myself that I wanted to post all our photos but then I realized some might be redundant and bore a few of my blog's visitors so I'll just try to really choose our best shots.





Reaching the top (though not the "toppest top") of Mt. Hamiguitan and being around approximately 1,900 meters above sea level has been one of my greatest achievements so far. Who would imagine that the girl behind this skinny-little-frail body would make it that far?

Well, as I said...I dreamed, I dared and I conquered!

Uhmmm...I'm thinking maybe I can give Mt. Apo a try someday soon.Will I survive? Find out...

No comments:

Post a Comment